Friday, October 29, 2010

#37 - Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli


1991 Medal winner
I am officially at 10% - 37 out of 370! Wow, I have a long ways to go, lol! But I look at it this way - think of all the stories I have left to discover!
"Jeffrey Lionel 'Maniac' Magee might have lived a normal life if a trolley accident hadn't made him an orphan. After living with his unhappy and uptight aunt and uncle for 8 years, he decides to run - and not just run away, but run. And this is where the myth of Maniac Magee begins, as he changes the lives of a racially divided small town with his amazing and legendary feats."
Where to start? I LOVED this book! It was in parts heart warming, and in other parts heart breaking. Maniac is an amazing boy with a big heart. He befriends many people who change his life as much as he changes theirs. He even manages to bring together a racially divided town. But it also made me feel so bad that such an amazing boy had such a difficult life.
Definitely 2 thumbs up for this one! And I will be looking for more books by this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment